Skip to content
- Download speed: downloading the complete Understanding Geology package may take up to 1-2 hours on average machines, but much faster (a matter of minutes) on more powerful systems. The download will run in the background. The down load is to a compressed file, that will need to be decompressed in the normal way by the customer. It is best that the decompressed folders and files are copied and pasted into a meaningfully labelled folder, such as “Understanding Geology”, on your hard drive and then run from there.
- PowerPoint not loaded. If PowerPoint is not loaded onto your computer, the PowerPoint files (most of the files), will not run. Either purchase and load a copy of PowerPoint (from Microsoft Office ), or load “PowerPoint Viewer” if you are using a PC, or “Keynote” if you are running a Mac, both free of charge from the internet.
- More recent versions and updates of “Understanding Geology” can be downloaded, by registered customers, at no extra cost, at any time by activating the download button from the web site.
- “Security Alert” notices may appear when opening some chapters that access video clips from the internet. This is normal and it is safe to Click O’k and continue.
- Other problems: contact the author from the email contact facilities accessible from the web page.
- Introductory Comments section Chapter 0. Explains how to get the best from your copy of Understanding Geology.